Monday, July 25, 2011

Doodle jump in an auto

For anyone who owns an Android phone and likes casual gaming, the Doodle Jump game is a must.

You play a little guy who must jump from platform to platform, while avoiding monsters and what not..

Addictive lil bastard of a game. Joshua was the one who introduced me to it, and just earlier today I beat his personal best highscore! Woot!

So anywho, I like challenging myself at these games, so I choose weird environments to play a round in.

I set my highest ever score while waiting for Nandita to get her hair done at a Lakme salon, so it was only apt that I hoped the playing stakes.

So I'm on my way to meet her for the movie, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (my views on that are reserved, will share after a viewing). And yes sadly I'm in an auto today. My new balance shoes are facing the brunt of the Mumbai monsoon, and I'm none too pleased about it.

So I decided since anyway I have nothing positive to rejoice about this back-replacement surgery inducing ride, I might as well make the most of it.

And voila what better way than to play doodle jump!

So while holding on to my bouncing phone as my autowallah drove valiantly over the most cavernous potholes he could find, and moments, saving my phone from becoming a victim of Mumbai's fabled road works, I managed to set a respectable score of 53,606...small compared to my high score of 69,704...but a feat in itself nonetheless.

Also I just realized typing out a blogpost on the phone while in an auto was much easier than playing doodle jump....Hrmmm something to think about no?


No comments: