Thursday, September 27, 2007

Michel Gondry - Eternal Dreamer



I first heard about Monsieur Michel Gondry, when I watched the HP -Computer is personal again, advertisement.
Found out that he was the director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and I loved that movie. So decided to do some reading up on him, and checked out some of his work.

I was amazed, as well, I mean, the editing style, the effects were just awe-inspiring.



I'm a novice at editing, but I learn through what I watch, and this video was really creative. In all senses of the word.

Then today while going through my feed of /SlashFilm i came across the new commercial by him, for the new Moto RAZR 2.



It's called experience. It is really fluid, and sort of very Gondry style of concept and visuals. Very appealing, and abstract, with his trademark choice of music.

The next ad is one he created for Levis. It's a black and white one. I think the concept is nice, it was for the open pocket in Levis Jeans. And a good link with the start and end of the ad. A few shots I loved was the in car shots, and the train going by with the puff of steam.




These are just a few of the ads he created which I managed to locate on YouTube.

Hope you enjoyed them, if you know any other work of his on the www, leave a comment with the link. Cheers.

No comments: